Sunday, September 6, 2009

Application Letter Critique

Teo Jie Ying Angelina

Blk 206 #04-00

Compassvale View

Singapore 500206

Email: coverletter@hotmail.com


6 September 2009


Person-in-charge

Campus Recruiting

Credit Suisse

One Raffles Link #05-02

Singapore 039393


Dear Sir/Madam

Application for Full Time Analyst in Operations

I refer to your notice for recruitment put up in the career section of your company’s website. With my academic qualifications, capabilities and interest in the financial services industry, I believe I am a suitable candidate for this position.

I am a fresh graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics. I have taken modules such as Financial Mathematics and Economics to gain a better insight into the financial sector. I had the opportunity to deal with trade bills settlement and drafting of Letter of Credit and the experience sparked my interest in financial services.

Besides having an eye for detail, I am a meticulous, dependable, responsible, organized and efficient individual. I believe these qualities will aid me as an analyst in addition to possessing analytical and quantitative skills. I am also a strong team player and able to perform under tight deadlines.

I chose Operations as I believe it will allow me to gain a better overview of the workings in Credit Suisse and with my qualities and experience, I am able to cope with the demands and operations of the department. Having partaken in the organization and implementation of nationwide event and my ability to adapt fast, I believe I will be able to excel in the Analyst Program. Being a leading and highly regarded global financial services company where it offers me opportunities to work in variety of businesses around the world, I would therefore like to be part of your esteemed company and its unique vibrant culture and participate and contribute to the growth and success.

Enclosed is my resume for your consideration and would appreciate if you would grant me an interview. I can be contacted at 91234567 throughout the day.

I look forward to a favorable reply from you. Thank you.

Yours faithfully

Angelina Teo


credit-suisse.com/careers

2 comments:

  1. An impressive cover letter which follows closely to all the 7Cs. Your strong interest in the company was clearly highlighted through the whole letter and I see no reason why the company to reject you.

    However, I felt that the part on your past experience wasn't clear enough. You mention that you had an opportunity to deal with trade bill settlements but you did not include why and where you had a chance to do so. Since you had such experience, I felt that you should emphasis on it and use it to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that this is a remarkable cover letter. The flow of the letter felt good and each paragraph was clear and concise. You certainly did adhere to the 7Cs in writing. An additional positive of this letter is that I can feel your sincerity. From your letter it is easy to tell that you have strong interest in the job and joining the company.

    If you could elaborate and emphasize more on your past experiences that would make your cover letter even better.

    ReplyDelete